On the dot
exactly on time or at a particular time
درست سر ساعت
درست به موقع
– I’ll be there on the dot.
at three o’clock/seven thirty etc on the dot (=at exactly 3:00/7:30 etc)
– Mr Green arrived at six on the dot .
– I don’t want to be waiting for you, so you’d better be there at three o’clock on the dot.
– He’s supposed to show up at four on the dot. If he is late even a minute, I’m taking off.
– She hates it when I’m late, so I have to show up on the dot.
A short conversation with On the dot
A: “We have to go to Los Angeles tomorrow. What time should we meet?”
B: “We have to be at the airport at 4:00 o’clock, so let’s meet at two o’clock on the dot.”
Other Common Sentences
– Meet me at the bus station at six o’clock sharp.
– Let’s meet at the book store exactly at 1:00.