فعل get: درس ششم
اصطلاحات دیگری فعل get:
- Do you get it means do you understand.
Do you get what the teacher was explaining in class?
- He’s getting dinner tonight means he’s preparing the meal.
You can relax. It’s my turn to get dinner tonight.
- I’ll get the bill means I’ll pay.
Put your wallet away! I’ll get the bill.
- That really gets me! means that irritates me.
It really gets me when my sister shows up late.
- To get rid of something means to throw it away.
I’m going to get rid of all these old newspapers.
- To get out of bed on the wrong side means to be in a bad mood.
He got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning and he’s been horrible all day.
- To get your own back means to have your revenge or punish someone.
She’s getting her own back for all those rude things you said at the party last night.